Monday, August 12, 2013

Reset


Wow, I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since I posted anything. I let the brain game get the better of me. Here’s my confessional: I had a week where I didn’t do what I was supposed to do, and I did what I wasn’t supposed to do. Then I felt bad about it and embarrassed about writing on my blog about failing. The week after that was pretty much the same thing except I felt even worse about writing what a failure I had consistently been. The week after that, I started to settle back into not telling anyone my results and stayed there for a couple of weeks.

I realized in the past couple of days that I had ended up right where I had started. The whole reason I started this blog in the first place was to be accountable and to report my weekly results! It is embarrassing to report when I don’t do well. Especially since I did so well the first couple of weeks when I started the point system. Why do I keep thinking this whole process is going to be easy?? It is going to be a fight every single day!

I guess the question is: Am I willing to fight every single day?

The solution I came up with is to do a reset. I like the point system so it’s staying. The problem is my attitude and conviction level. That’s where I need to make adjustments.

As part of the reset, I will be starting my earned points over as well as my total weight lost. As a positive reminder in the midst of all of this failure, I have lost 20 lbs since I began in January. If I wanted to punish myself further I would figure out how many pounds a month that averages out to…no thanks. I think I will take comfort in the fact that it took me a long time to get here, but I wouldn’t want those pounds back!


My next milestone date is 4 weeks away on September 9, 2013. I have some aggressive goals set for then. In the meantime, I WILL be back next week. Good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment